Christmas time again.
As you read that statement, what emotion popped into your mind? Did you think about Christmas with joy, dread, exhaustion, anxiety, sadness, or reverence?
For me, I go through all those emotions. Having the family together, the food, and the season’s excitement all come together to cause many feelings.
- Joy. I love my family and having them together makes me happy.
- Dread. The holiday shopping. I am not a shopper.
- Exhaustion. Trying to get everything ready, shipped, and cooked wears me out.
- Anxiety. Trying to get everything done, but reality is I put this stress on me.
- Sadness. There are empty seats at the Christmas table. Some are empty because of schedules or illness, and others are empty because the person has died.
- Reverence. When I stop to contemplate the reason we are celebrating the season. I am in awe that God came to live on Earth as a man. Don’t be afraid to talk to Him about how you are feeling, because He truly understands and cares for you.
Wishing you the merriest of Christmases.